What is Svchost.exe
Svchost.exe is a generic host process for services file that resides in C:\Windows\System Folder – Svchost.exe executes from (DLLs) Dynamic link libraries, It validates the group of services into the windows registry which usually load when your computer starts. Svchost.exe is a windows program which I must say that monitors programs, manages dll’s, and controls the loading of system processes.
Svchost.exe is a safe program and not a spyware or malicious active but several malware programs spread same name file to confuse Windows users and they trap due to the similar name file. Svchost.exe has a common path which we already discussed above as in %SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe, if the same name file is located in any other folder out of the system folder you should mark it as malware and attempt to remove and condemn that svchost.exe virus.
Svchost.exe malware infects your computer by blocking the task manager and registry editor and also block the use of command prompt.
How to Fix, Remove and Repair Svchost.exe.
svchost.exe error most of the time infects the registry so initially you should go for registry problems repair. To repair svchost.exe error you need to follow the steps described below
Step 1 – Download a svchost.exe error repair tool, install this error repair tool.
Rkill.exe (Download: Rkill.exe)
TDSSKiller.exe (Download is towards the bottom of the page: TDSSKiller.exe)
aswMBR (Download to your desktop: aswMBR.exe)
MalwareBytes: AntiMalware (Download, install, and update: MBAM)
ESET Online Scanner (In-browser scan here through Internet Explorer only.
Fix It (Go here and click the “Fix it” button, and then just follow the prompts.)
Step 2 – Click the Repair All Button. It will scan you pc for Free.
In All tools which are discussed above you will find the button with a caption Scan for Virus, or Repair you need to click at the button and select the option scan all.
Step 3 – Now all the malwares will inline whether you are using an offline or an online tool and all viruses including svchost.exe will appear and lead you to quarantine, remove or repair the same,
How to Remove svchost.exe virus manually
Svchost.exe virus may also occur as scvhost.exe inside the system 32 folder to act on scvhost.exe we need to follow all the steps manually.
1. You need to login as Administrator and click “Start.” Than Right click “My Computer” and go to the “Properties” from the shortcut menu. Put a Check on the “Turn off System Restore” option for each drive on the System Restore tab.
2. Now Restart your computer and go to the Safe Mode and log in as Administrator. You may also do that by pressing F8 at the time of starting your system.
3. Access the command prompt. Click Start > Run. Type “cmd.” Click OK and give the command below.
CD c:\Windows\System or CD C:\Windows\System 32
4. From the command prompt, type the following to unprotect the files for removal:
“attrib -h -r -s scvhost.exe” and press “Enter;”
“attrib -h -r -s blastclnnn.exe” and press “Enter;”
“attrib -h -r -s autorun.inf” and press “Enter.”
5. Delete the files by typing the following from the command prompt:
“del scvhost.exe” and press “Enter;”
“del blastclnnn.exe” and press “Enter;”
“del autorun.ini” and press “Enter.”
6. Type “cd\” to return to the main Windows directory.
Delete the Autorun.inf file by typing the following from the Windows directory command prompt:
“attrib -h -r -s autorun.inf” and press “Enter;”
“del “autorun.inf” and press “Enter;”
7. Type “regedit” and press “Enter” to open the Registry Editor.
Locate the following entry:
Delete the incorrectly spelled Yahoo! Messenger entry with the value
8. Locate the following key:
Within the key, there is a “shell” entry with the value of “explorer.exe, scvhost.exe”. Edit the entry and remove the reference Scvhost.exe, leave Explorer.exe it is.
9. Locate the following key:
Delete the following subkeys from the left panel:
Exit the command prompt and return to the operating system. Type “Exit,” and press “Enter.”
10. Reboot the PC if after reboot you see scvhost.exe again then better repeat all above step or go for the automatic options like tools which we already discussed above, Hope you have enjoyed the article keep reading for more informative and knowledge based materials.